What is KinoTime?
Kino Time is a part of the international movement Kino Kabaret, which unites filmmakers from all over the world to create short films in a limited time. Kino Time means new acquaintances, professional contacts, the opportunity to travel, while shooting movies, a creative atmosphere, connection to cinema world of other countries, it’s the opportunity to try yourself as an actor/actress, director, producer, DoP, etc. and, of course, unforgettable experience and emotions.
In 2018 we held the first Kino Time in St. Petersburg. We gather filmmakers, directors, DoPs, scriptwriters, sound engineers, actors, musicians and all those who are involved in or want to be involved with the art of cinema. Why do we recommend Kino Time?
- Kino Time is chance to shoot films for 12, 36 and 42 hours.
- Kino Time is for your boldest ideas, for professionals it’s a way to try new role.
- Kino Time is an interesting meeting with like-minded people from different countries and cities and further interaction with them.
- Kino Time is an exceptional opportunity to work with masters, gain experience, replenish your portfolio, take the first step on your way to a career in cinema, which is extremely important for fresh filmmakers.
- Kino Time is an opportunity to pitch your idea in order to realize it here and now, despite possible technical limitations and a small budget.
From May, 1st to May, 6th 2020 Kino Time is happening for the second time in St. Petersburg, in a city with tremendous opportunities for filming; we provide workshops from successful filmmakers, meetings with interesting people, excursions, concerts, meals and assistance in placement; the final screening of future films of the participants at the "Colosseum" cinema in the city center.
Our community consists of professionals and beginners who share an interest in alternative methods of filmmaking. We will be very happy if you can participate in the project with your cameras, sound equipment, ideas, musical instruments etc. Big idea of this nonprofit event is in support of independent filmmakers and in achieving high quality work. Our motto is "Do good with nothing, do better with little, but do it now"